Re-think long PowerPoint decks and Word reports by sharing insight through Infographics with this 1-day introductory course.
Almost all professionals need to deliver presentations and reports at some point in their role, but many fall into the trap of creating long slide decks where the key information is lost, and audience engagement becomes a struggle. If this sounds a problem you’re familiar with, you’re not alone.
Visualisation, the process of taking information and delivering it in a creative, engaging, and concise way through graphics, is the focus of this 1-day, collaborative, and deep-dive course, and will transform how you talk about data.
Expert facilitators Betty Adamou and Paul McGhie will help you design impact-focused infographics while sharing design best-practices, with plenty of examples to help you gain ideas.
You’ll also apply your new-found knowledge to create an infographic for yourself, based on a project you’ll bring with you on the day, through basic Adobe Photoshop training. This will help your design come to life, and no prior experience is needed.
Through learning-by-doing, you’ll use exercises to help you re-think how you share the most important facets of your data, while still keeping an eye on the bottom line.
So, whether you’re a HR professional sharing insight about the workforce, a marketeer sharing information on a PR campaign, or an individual preparing to present at a conference, this workshop is for you.
- The Top 10 elements that work well with visualisation
- The A.I.M. approach: leveraging your understanding of Audience and Impact to inform the visualisation Medium
- Best practices and processes to go from a set of statistics to an infographic
- Design principles to build your skills in creatively presenting your data/message
- What works, and why, in producing high impact, informative and shareable infographic design
- An introduction to Photoshop that will sharpen your visual presentation toolkit – leaving with a digital infographic developed by you with the support of expert facilitators.
This workshop is being held at our Chelmsford campus on Wednesday 11th May 2022 from 09.30 to 16.30.
Lunch and refreshements included.
Delegates will need to bring their own laptop with Photoshop software loaded to participate in the practical aspects of this workshop.